SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Ms Stoker. She has completed the National Award for SEN Co-ordinators.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
Mrs Hall is EKLAN Level 3 trained and this provides us with a wealth of knowledge and expertise on Speech and Language.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Occupational Therapy
- Educational Psychologists
- Outreach Provision for Early Years
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN. This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- Providing specialist resources, e.g. writing slopes, pencil grips, wobble cushions.
- Cost of referrals from outside agencies.
- Training/support from outside agencies.
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.