Inclusive education means supporting all pupils to learn, contribute and participate in all aspects of school life alongside their peers. Our curriculum includes, not only the formal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum / National Curriculum, but also a range of additional opportunities to enrich the experiences of all pupils.
The Curriculum also included the social aspects that are essential for lifelong learning, personal growth and development of independence at all ages and ability levels. By encouraging independence at all age and ability levels we endeavour to develop confidence, improve self-esteem and promote enthusiasm in all our pupils.
Some of the actions we may take to achieve this are:
- Help all pupils achieve to the best of their abilities, despite any difficulty or disability they may have.
- Modify the curriculum to meet individual needs.
- Ensure that teaching staff are aware of and sensitive to the needs of all pupils, teaching pupils in a way that is more appropriate to their needs.
- Ensure that non-teaching staff are aware of and sensitive to the needs of all pupils, providing pupils with pastoral support and a caring, supportive environment that is appropriate to their needs.
- To make suitable provision for children with SEND, both in the classroom and through interventions, to fully develop their abilities, interests and aptitudes and gain maximum access to the curriculum.
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan. We ensure that all children are offered the opportunity to participate with activities outside of the classroom by making reasonable adjustments to the organisation of these. For example, we ensure SEND children have an appropriate level of adult support if going out of school and staff complete a comprehensive risk assessment for any excursion to ensure all children are safe and included.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.