Terms of Reference:
- Elect Chair (if delegated by full Governing Body).
- Carry out an annual review of the staffing structure in consultation with the Headteacher and Finance and Premises Committee.
- Ensure the school is sufficiently staffed to fulfil the effective operation of the school and the School Improvement Plan (SIP).
- Oversee the recruitment and selection procedures for all staff.
- Make recommendations to the Finance and Premises Committee on personnel-related expenditure.
- Develop and review policies identified within the school’s policy review programme and in accordance with its delegated powers (e.g. Appraisal, Whistleblowing, Recruitment and Selection).
- Keep under review work/life balance, working conditions and well-being including monitoring attendance management.
- Review the Single Central Record to ensure compliance with current statutory guidance.
- Approve the Staff Code of Conduct and ensure all staff are aware.
Meetings: At least annually
Disqualifications: Where there may be a conflict of or a pecuniary interest; any Governor whose spouse/partner is involved.