Key Values and Vision
At Wolsingham Primary School our key values in Early Years inform our vision, curriculum, provision and practice. They underpin everything that makes Early Years at Wolsingham Primary School, ensuring that our children have the best possible start to their school journey to enable them to be prepared for a successful future.
- Language and vocabulary rich provision
- PSED as the foundations for life-long learning and well-being
- A love of reading
- Experiential opportunities rooted in real contexts
At Wolsingham Primary School staff work together towards a shared vision of:
- A love of learning
- Equality of opportunity
- Personal and social well being
- Respectful attitudes towards themselves, others and the environment
- Extended life experiences
- Reasoning and critical thinking skills
- Aspirations for the future and future economic well-being
In addition as a school we embed our core values into everything we do.
We aim to provide a curriculum that enables children:
- To know and talk about the world around them
- To imagine worlds beyond their experience
- To develop the expected skills for reading, writing and number
- To explore and investigate with growing independence
- To respect others and the world around them
Through the Characteristics of Effective Learning, we support children in their play and exploration and encourage them through active learning to develop critical thinking skills and finding ways to solve problems. Perseverance and resilience is highly valued and praised. We strongly believe that we must teach children to be independent learners, who can collaborate, problem solve and know how to keep trying, and when to access help.
At Wolsingham Primary School, everything we do is based around the individual child; their starting points, their needs, their interests and their next steps. Staff work with families to ensure that everyone has an accurate picture of the whole child. We also work collaboratively with other professionals to support each child effectively.
Please see our Early Years Curriculum Document to see what children will learn during their time in the early years.
Click on the link below to have a look at what we will be learning this term:
If you have any questions about our SEND Local Offer please contact the school and we will try our best to help you.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.