Terms of Reference:
- Elect Chair (if delegated by full Governing Body).
- Annually agree the Teachers’ Pay Policy.
- Act in accordance with the Teachers’ Pay Policy when carrying out the annual review of teachers’ salaries.
- Report to the Finance and Premises Committee on pay review related expenditure.
- Consider any requests made in accordance with personnel policies e.g. flexible working, leave of absence etc. (unless delegated to the Headteacher).
- Make any decisions under the personnel procedures adopted by the Governing Body e.g. disciplinary, grievance, ill-health, capability etc. (Unless delegated to the Headteacher).
- Deal with matters relating to staffing reductions.
- Meetings: At least annually
Disqualifications: Headteacher; Chair of Governors (if have a prior knowledge); where there may be conflict of interest; any Governor whose spouse/partner is involved; staff (annual pay review and matters relating to staffing reductions)