Terms of Reference:
- Elect Chair (if delegated by full Governing Body).
Curriculum Planning and Delivery:
- Review, monitor and evaluate the curriculum offer.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of the:
-Self Evaluation Form
-School Improvement Plan
-Targets for school improvement
- Develop and review policies identified within the school’s policy review programme and in accordance with its delegated powers (e.g. sex education and pupil discipline/behaviour).
- Ensure that the school’s policy on SEND is consistent with the Code of Practice and Equalities Act and receive termly reports from the Headteacher/SENDCo and an annual report from the SEND Governor.
- Ensure the SEND Policy is monitored and reviewed regularly and that the policy is known to parents/carers.
- Ensure the school complies with the provisions of the Equalities Act 2010.
Assessment and Improvement:
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of leadership and management.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching and learning and the impact on rates of pupils progress and standards of achievement.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of continuing professional development on improving staff performance.
- Receive pupil progress and achievement data; monitor and evaluate rates of progress and standards of achievement against agreed targets for all pupils and for all groups of pupils.
- Monitor and evaluate provision for all groups of vulnerable children e.g. looked after children and ensure all their needs have been identified and addressed.
- Monitor and review impact of Pupil Premium, Sports Premium, Early Years Premium funding.
- Monitor and review pupil attendance data against attendance targets.
- Monitor and review pupil exclusion information.
- Set priorities for improvement and monitor and evaluate the impact of improvement plans which relate to the committee’s area of operation.
- Regularly review the Assessment Policy and ensure that the policy is operating effectively.
- Ensure the school is fulfilling its responsibilities regarding child protection and the requirements of ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’.
- Receive reports from external sources and agree actions to address recommendations; monitor and evaluate progress made.
- Ensure all children have equal opportunities.
- Ensure Safeguarding policies are adhered to; monitor and review all safeguarding policies/procedures within school.
- Advise the Finance and Premises Committee on the relative funding priorities necessary to deliver the curriculum.
- Monitor pupils’ attitudes, values and development of other personal qualities within the school through the provision of R.E. and PHSCE. Ensure parents are informed of the right to withdraw their child.
- Monitor the school’s publicity, public presentation and relationships with parents/carers and the wider community.
- Identify and celebrate pupil achievements.
- Oversee and monitor arrangements for out of hours provision, extra-curricular activities and educational visits including overnight stays.
- Ensure that adequate provision is made for pupil transition.
- Ensure all statutory requirements for reporting and publishing information are met.
- Review and monitor the school’s website to ensure that it is accessible and fully compliant with current DfE requirements.
- Ensure the school works well with its community, parents and other schools.
Meetings: At least termly